Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One Step at a Time


"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." 
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
I have to keep reminding myself of that insightful quotation. There is so much to do when launching a new ministry; things I never even considered! This week I sent off our 501(c)3 application to the IRS, so that The Oasis Renewal Center will qualify for tax exempt status, and be able to take tax-deductible donations. It was just one more step on our journey. A complicated, time-consuming step; but just one step.
The journey can often seem long, especially when the destination isn't clearly visible from my particular vantage point. I am keeping in mind that God called me to launch this ministry, and He is in charge of how it develops and grows. He knows the final destination, and He knows how many steps need to be taken before I get there. He hasn't given me a complete picture of the final outcome, but He keeps me moving in the right direction.
So I keep putting one foot in front of the other, moving forward.... one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment